Sunday, July 3, 2016

So Many Things to Share

So little time.
Each day was generally filled with doing and seeing. The first several days,  I couldn't get the wi-fi to connect on my laptop. All my photos were there. Some ready to post, others in need of editing. I made several short videos along the way,  but as things fell behind, I didn't do anything with them.
On my long train ride to Avignon, I  wrote about the trains in my OneNote app. They are there somewhere in quick notes, but I can't find them.

I am now sitting at the Heathrow airport waiting to fly home several days early. I am homesick and tired of struggling to understand and to be understood.

All but the last day of photos have been uploaded to Flickr.

I learned:
  • Traveling alone is alright for a while, but it is more fun when you have someone to share the experience with.
  • Many apps, like Pandora and Amazon music don't work when you visit another country.
  • 20 days is a long time to be gone from family and friends.
  • You can muddle your way through.
  • France is beautiful. 
  • They have some wonderful agricultural diversity. Sunflowers, next to wheat, next to grapes, next to rice fields. 

Water system along many fields

The Beautiful Tournesol
  • I love the French words pamplemousse and tournesol.
  • The Mediterranean Sea is not overly salty.
  • Olives are wonderful.
  • Many cheeses and creams are actually more mild in France than at home.  Maybe it's because they are fresher.
  • I'm sure there is more, but I'm off to catch my plane.

American Airlines Flight 47 to Chicago

From the Plane waiting to take off

No comments:

Post a Comment