Saturday, October 27, 2018

Dancing With the Night


Dancing with the Night
By Sarah Tobias, 100 words

Trick-or-treating has ended for another year.
I shiver. More than the chill in the air.
There is more to this night.
From my window, I see a red glow from the cauldron fire.
Silhouettes dancing in the woods.
Throwing my cape over my nightgown, I sneak out and join them.
Song fills the air:
The moon, the stars, the night.
We leave the earth behind.
Oh wayyyyy, Oh wayyyy. Ohhhh aaaa.
Frenzied dancing.
Brooms come alive and lift us toward the moon.
Howlllling A woooooo!
I wake as dawn is breaking.
I shiver, wondering how I am back in bed.

Happy almost Halloween.

To find and read more Halloweensie stories, follow this link to Susanna Hill's Blog.

So proud to be able to say, this story won an Honorable Mention for "Best Description/Mood Piece" Here's a link to all the winners!


22 comments:

  1. Happy Halloweensie, Sarah! What a scary time when brooms come alive and dance in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a fun spooky night of halloween fun. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an enchanting night! Fun entry, best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky mood, perfect for Halloween! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. Especially love the brooms flying toward the moon. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely, ethereal entry, and full of spooky spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ending a story in bed makes for a happy ending. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, much more to Halloween than trick-or-treating. A nice bedtime story. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Shae. Sometimes they surprise me as the words flow from my hands out to pen and page.

      Delete
  10. The joy of Halloween night with witches! Good story Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have evoked the spookiness of Halloween beautifully, Sarah! Love the imagery, and you certainly left me wondering how she got back to bed! Thanks for joining in the Halloweensie fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had a great time writing stories for this contest.

      Delete