Monday, October 28, 2019

Halloweensie Time!: Matilda's Treat

I love Halloween.  For me it's family, creativity, and scary, but not too scary times.

Susanna Hill has brought back many fun memories and pushed my creativity. Thank you for putting on this fun writing contest and thank you to all the people who have donated incredible prizes.

I met Matilda at Michael's and she came home to live, well not live, but hang out, at my house. While she looks like a bunch of bones, she lives on in this story.

Halloweensie Rules: Halloween Story, 100 words or less, must include the words, potion, trick, and cobweb, for ages 12 and under.


Matilda the Skeleton wearing fall yellow leaves.



Matilda's Treat


Matilda died long ago.

Her skin is gone, but not her dream.
The full moon’s bright, and she has risen.
Time to mix her favorite potion.
The cauldron bubbles, steams, and boils.
She tosses in
Eye of newt and bat wing leather,
A vulture’s head and just one feather.
She stirs and stirs.
It’s almost ready.
One last touch, gently folded in;
shimmery, glistening spider webs.
Light and fluffy . . .
the perfect batch of cobweb candy.
Matilda waits for her guests.
Children come singing, “Trick-or-Treat.”
She raises her hand and makes her offer.
Would you try it?
Would you dare?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I woud try it! LOL! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...since I don't eat cotton candy, no. But I hope Matilda finds some more adventurous trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure.....if I would end up like Matilda....nice story! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I would try her treats, but I like that Matilda returns to celebrate Halloween.

    ReplyDelete