Friday, May 27, 2016

Calm



It is so rare to have the Bay (Green Bay) so calm for such a long period of time. The light and haze make it difficult to see the horizon and differentiate water from sky. This calmness is both calming to my soul and exhilarating. Waking at 5:45 and looking out the window at the calm start of the day, I didn't want to miss a moment of the beauty and changing light yet I was in no hurry to move quickly and start projects.

Coffee made, I sat and watched a big ship heading north. Seagulls sitting way out on the water, white specks. The mergansers flying just above the surface, their reflections mirroring their flight pattern.

No boat motors breaking the peaceful sounds of nature. No boat waves splashing to shore.

I am breathing again; slow, calm peaceful breaths to the beat of the lapping water.

No comments:

Post a Comment